Monday, December 15, 2008

Life Goes On

I want to start this post by thanking you guys for your kind words about my last post. It means a lot to me.

Over the past few weeks I've been adjusting to life without my dog. It's a pretty big change. There is an absence of dog fur. Max was a big shedder. We tried all kinds of remedies to try and reduce the shedding, but to no avail. His fur was everywhere and would get all over our clothes and furniture. When we would go out, I would wait until we were about to leave to put my clothes on so that I wouldn't get fur all over them. I had to vacuum ALL THE TIME. I'm no longer worried about him all the time. When we would go out, I'd feel bad for leaving him alone. He hated being alone. Because of this I would try not leave him alone all day. If we were out all day, I'd want to be home at night. Or if I knew we would be out at night, I would try to stay home with him as much as possible during the day. Like this weekend, The Boy and I were out all day long on both Friday and Saturday. I never would've done that if Max were still here. And the biggest challenge for me is Max's company. It's a lot quieter without him. I miss his companionship and just having him there to pet and hug.

Everybody has been telling us to get another dog. It's always "get another dog already" or "when are you getting another one." Ugh, I'm so not ready for another dog yet. Someday, yes. Just not now.

2 comments:

AccordingToAngela.com said...

the thing is, you can't just "get another dog already" to replace Max, because NOTHING will replace him - he was one of a kind! yes, one day, you will be just as in love with another dog as you were with Max, but for now, give yourself time to grieve and mourn him, even if that's the opposite of what others are telling you to do. they just don't understand, these aren't just dogs to us - they are family members! i see my two dogs as if they were my own kids and i feel guilty when i leave them alone all day, too, and that's why i try to get home asap. give yourself time and think about getting another dog when YOU are ready :)

bubbie said...

Thanks Angela. That's how I feel about getting another dog. I hate when people tell us to get another dog already. I know they have good intentions, but still - SO annoying. I know I won't be ready to have another dog for awhile. At least, that's how I feel about it at the moment. Who knows? I may change my mind later. But for now, no new dog.