Thursday, October 4, 2007

I'm a crafting machine - not really, but it was fun to say

My sister got married recently. I was very involved in helping her plan the wedding. We did some of the stuff ourselves. We made the table numbers, rehearsal dinner invites, menu cards, and favor tags. I also threw her bridal shower and I made the decorations and shower invites. We got a lot of our inspiration from other brides that were getting married. I read bridal magazines and frequented sites such as theknot.com and weddingbee. Boy, did those sites give me inspiration. People had such great ideas and everything looked so pretty. I thought, I can make stuff like that. It made me want to start making my own, well everything! I bought all these tools such as rubber stamps and ink, card stock, punches, etc. I really want to buy a gocco, but they are so expensive. Some day I'll buy one. I figure, I'll start off slow with rubber stamps and stuff. Once I get better at paper crafts I'll buy a gocco. Its fun making your own things. I've spent so much money buy supplies that my sister said that she never wants to see me give anyone a store bought card again. While it is expensive, the cost per card is so cheap.
Plus, people are impressed when they find out you made them yourself.

I'm not nearly as good at this as other people. I'll post some pictures of things I make every now and then. Right now I only have 2 cards that I've made that I can share with you. I don't have my camera with me so you'll have to wait (not that there is anyone reading this right now, but there maybe some day).

No comments: