Wednesday, November 7, 2007

California Wild fires














It's been awhile since the wild fires, but I still wanted to post about it. The fires began Sunday night. Early Monday morning I left for my trip to the East Coast. I left before we realized how bad the fires were. Homes just 3 miles from my house were evacuated. Being so far away from your home may be in danger is so scary. You are helpless to do anything. It was so scary, it dampned our trip. All I wanted to do was stay in the hotel and watch CNN. Looking back at it though, the fires weren't that close to my house. Although they were evacuating, it was just a precaution. I was told by friends and family that the smoke was really really bad. They said it was like it was raining ashes.

I was lucky enough to be spared from the fires. Many families lost their homes and businesses. Please help them out and donate if you can.

http://64.165.23.58/firerelief.aspx

No comments: